Thursday, July 14, 2011

Why I Don't Write Fluffy Kitty Fiction

In Real Life, I'm a mother of two, a wife to one, and a professional bill-payer. So it's not surprising that in my writing life, I like a little more action and grit. Escape crying two-year-olds for a good hand-to-hand fight? Yes please. Put off vacuuming in favor of writing a hot kissing scene? Double yeah.

Writing allows me to escape Real Life, and honestly, it keeps me sane (saner). So...

Why I Don't Write Fluffy Kitty Fiction
(besides the obvious reason that my Real Life is pretty lame)

1. No guns.

2. Less opportunity to punch people in the face.

3. F-bombs not allowed (and I effing love my F-bombs).

4. Instead of car chases --- skipping races

5. Fight scenes end in kumbayas

6. Villains bleed rainbows

[Not to say fluffy kitty fiction doesn't have its place in the world---it certainly does. Just, ya know, not in mine.]

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jen ... now you MUST write MR KITTY SAVES THE DAY! It sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh...Sorry but after reading this, I feel you SHOULD write MR KITTY SAVES THE DAY! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd sign a petition for Jen to write MR. KITTY SAVES THE DAY.

    It could have guns and car chases and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Put my name down. I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Kitty Saves the Day with guns and car chases? Well...that might be something I can get behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PLEASE write me a scene where a villain gets shot after punching someone in the face, proceeds to spew f-bombs from the pain, while also bleeding rainbows?! PLEASE?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to order a cake made of laughter and hugs. Anyone know where I can get one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily---I think I would be giggling the whole time.

    Jay---I think you can get one of those cakes at the Bakery of Peace and Love.

    ReplyDelete