Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Reads!

Susanne Winnacker
I’m reading BORN WICKED by Jessica Spotswood and loving it. Beautiful prose + a strong heroine + alternate history = win!

Claire Vinson Merle
My friday read is 'Grass for his Pillow' by Lian Hearn -- 2nd book in the Tales of the Otori trilogy.
I'm loving it as much as 'Across the Nightingale Floor' and especially enjoying the chapters from Kaede's pov. An interesting and unusual mix of first person and third person.

Emily Hainsworth
I'm reading TWENTY BOY SUMMER by Sarah Ockler. It's a beautifully written, tragic story of first love, first kisses, and the healing process after someone dies unexpectedly. I'm only about halfway through but I'm savoring every word.

Jodi Meadows
I'm reading HEREAFTER by Tera Hudson. I love the concept of a ghost story romance told from the ghost's POV, and there are some really nice moments in there.

Lenore Appelhans
Just finished HERE LIES BRIDGET.  It reminded me of A Christmas Carol in that a hugely unlikeable character gets to see how she affects others and may have a chance to change for the better. Was expecting more of an afterlife book, but did enjoy what I got instead.

Elizabeth Norris
I've been flying through Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. Right now I just finished reading CITY OF ASHES, which is amazing. I love how amazing the plot and the world are.

Susanne Winnacker is the author of THE OTHER LIFE in which the seeds of first love are sown amongst the death and destruction of a nightmare future. You can find her on her blog

No comments:

Post a Comment