Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Resolutions

1. Write More

And by more, I mean more consistently. I always do my best writing when I'm on some kind of streak--when I've been writing ever day for a week straight. When I take days off because of TV, life, or whatever else comes up, it's harder for me to get back into it. If I can make time every day, even if it's just for an hour, a half hour, or even 15 minutes, I'll feel better.

2. Drink More Tea and Less Coffee

I've been a little heavy on the caffeine this year, and I know I won't be able to cut it out completely--I'm just not that strong, but I'm thinking that if I cut it down a little, maybe a passion tea instead of a mocha latte, I'm be a little less wired.

3. Get Eight Hours of Sleep

I'm not going to make the resolution that says to "go to bed early" because I know that will never last. I am going to admit to myself that I need a solid eight hours of sleep to avoid getting sick or sitting at my desk and fighting to stay awake in the middle of the day.

I'm also determined to stress less. I'm not going to say I won't stress at all (that would be a total lie), and I'm not even going to say that I won't stress about things not in my control (also a total lie), but every time I'm feeling tense, I'm going to try to take deep breaths and remember this too shall pass.

***

Liz Norris briefly taught high school English and history before trading the southern California beaches and sunshine for Manhattan's recent snowpocalyptic winter. She harbors dangerous addictions to guacamole, red velvet cupcakes, sushi, and Argo Tea, fortunately not all together. Her first novel, UNRAVELING (Balzer+Bray April 2012), is the story of one girl’s fight to save her family, her world, and the one boy she never saw coming.

2 comments:

  1. Try to immerse yourself in your chosen industry by going to conferences, play bazaar industry networking events,satta king webinars, and industry networking events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They provide a great amount of position that you're looking for.
    play bazaar You can also meet people here that can be very helpful to you.
    satta king

    ReplyDelete