Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Top Five Best Freaking Books of 2011!


Yesterday I spent the day strolling about NYC doing the holiday thing with my family. And when I say "strolling" I mean pushing my way through the crowds. One giant tree in Rockefeller Center sure does get a whole lot of attention!

So now that 2011 is almost over and 2012 is JUST A FEW WEEKS AWAY!!! I thought I'd put together my list of THE TOP FIVE BEST FREAKING BOOKS I READ THIS YEAR!

Some of these books may have come out in 2010 but I read them this year so... ahem, here we go:



1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Best book EVER! Seriously. So romantic and so beautifully written. I LOVED this book. I can't wait for the next one.










2. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I wish I wrote this book. It's the kind of book I have to read over and over again. I LOVED IT! The writing is awesome, the chemistry between Noah and Mara is electric and the book kept me guessing until, well, I'm still not sure what is going on...
But I will be the first in line when book two comes out. I'm such a fan.






3. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

Wow. This book. I don't actually know what to say about this one. It made me cry, it stayed with me long after I'd finished it and many many times while reading it, I had to put it down just to take a moment to appreciate the writing or emotion Jennifer Donnelly was able to capture through her words.






4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
5. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

These books make me happy. The characters are so real I miss them once I'm done reading the book. I could read these two over and over again. That is, I already have.

4 comments:

  1. I have Revolution sitting in my to be read pile . . . which is about eleven books high, and getting larger each day. Yeesh. Good thing I love reading. :] I wasn't that impressed with Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Well, I was, but I didn't like the last part of the book. But the Unbecomming of Mara Dyer was fantastic! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabi- I hope you like Revolution! And Mara Dyer was definitely fantastic!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Shari! Amazing books here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use LinkedIn as a job.The Q&A section is a great area to show off your knowledge.play bazaar You can also ask questions yourself to find out about other users.satta king

    ReplyDelete