Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Reads!

Kristen Simmons
I recently had the opportunity to meet award-winning author Greg Neri, and am reading his middle-grade novel GHETTO COWBOY, a story about a boy who is sent to live with his father on an intercity horse ranch in Philadelphia. It's incredibly interesting and engaging; the language and setting pulled me in immediately. I'm so intrigued to see how it ends!

Jodi Meadows
I'm reading THE NAME OF THE STAR by Maureen Johnson and I'm loving it! The murders, the humor, the spookiness! Yes!

Elizabeth Norris
I read THE SHADOW READER by Sandy Williams this week. I read it
overnight! It's an amazing debut urban fantasy novel about MacKenzie
Lewis, a
Houston college student who has the ability to see the fae
and read the shadows they leave behind (like a map) when they portal
in and out of certain places. She works mostly for the king of the fae
and is in love with his swordsmaster, but she finds herself caught up
in the rebellion when she's kidnapped by a rebel leader. My favorite
thing about this book is that for the the most part, I never knew who
was a good guy, who was bad, and who was lying! Such a great book. One
of my favorites this year.

Susanne Winnacker
I started SPELLS by Aprilynne Pike today. I really liked WINGS, so I can’t wait to find out what happens to Laurel, Tamani and David in this book.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Name of the Star was really fun!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've really been wanting to read NAME OF THE STAR!!! It looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take shorter showers to get greater advantage of green energy in your home! Heating hot water satta king accounts for nearly 14% of the average household's energy use and that can really add up. Cutting down on the time you spend in the shower will be better on the environment and your energy bills!
    satta king

    ReplyDelete