Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Reads

Heather Anastasiu
I just finished Myra McEntire's HOURGLASS. I loved the intelligent concepts the book was built around, the unique characters, and the wicked suprises throughout.

Lenore Appelhans
I just finished WHEREVER YOU GO by Heather Davis.  She's a master of the quiet scene - they sneak up on you with their depth of feeling and leave you spinning.  This one features a intriguing premise: Rob is a ghost that wants to try to speak to his girlfriend through the grandfather with Alzheimers that she cares for. Not as romantic as her last one, THE CLEARING, but has a lot to say about the realities of life and love.

Susanne Winnacker
I just finished DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE. And wow this book is stunning. The end left me breathless. Laini Taylor created a rich and believable world. So believable that I wish I was in Prague to search for the places she described in the book. Poison Kitchen and the door to Brimstone's shop. They have to be somewhere because they are just too vivid in my mind to be figments of someone's imagination.

Jennifer Rush
I'm also reading DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE. At the halfway point, I'm blown away at how rich Laini's writing is. I don't think she's described a look between characters the same way twice. Major feat, as any writer knows! Can't wait to see how it ends.

Emily Hainsworth
I'm reading ACCOMPLICE by Eireann Corrigan. This is a strictly contemp book, but it's so high concept and intriguing, I couldn't resist. A couple of teen girls plan for one of them to go missing in order to stand out better on their college applications (I know, right?), but things don't go exactly according to their plan. I'm about 1/4 into it and already the stakes are so high and the voice is so intense, I'm totally hooked. 





Kristen Simmons
I just finished STORMDANCER by (drum roll please...) our very own Jay Kristoff and it was INCREDIBLE. I was blown away by the writing, the characters, the world. Nothing about this book is superficial - every layer is well thought out and perfectly woven. It had everything I wanted - action, romance, snarky humor, things blowing up, samurais, a world caving in on itself, a kick ass heroine. And yes, a griffin. I loved it. Cannot wait to see what happens in book 2.

Susanne Winnacker is the author of THE OTHER LIFE in which the seeds of first love are sown amongst the death and destruction of a nightmare future. You can find her on her blog (where she's currently giving away an ARC of her book).







What are you reading this week?

1 comment:

  1. the air conditioner to keep cool in summer, wear clothes satta king made from naturally cooling fabrics. Natural fibers like cotton can absorb moisture from your skin, helping you feel cooler. You can also try wearing lighter colors, they help you feel cooler, lessening your need for artificial cold air
    satta king

    ReplyDelete