Monday, October 17, 2011

Driven to Distraction!

Sometimes I think half of what get discussed among writers is how hard it is to write!!! Resistance to the blank page, to the blinking cursor. We've talked here on the blog about how we face that resistance, but this week is to celebrate distraction!

My favorite distractions tend to come from here, and here, and here:


Now, these first two are the ones I use WHILE writing. I write a scene, then I check out the conversations bouncing around Twitter, I follow interesting links to blogs or articles for awhile, then I gear up to write the next scene. Facebook gets a quick glance. It's only when I land on the last one that I get into trouble, so I try to keep my hulu-watching in the same category as my wine-drinking, that is, firmly after 7pm ;)
-----
Heather Anastasiu is the author of GLITCH (St. Martin's Press/Summer 2012) Glitch in three words: Dystopia, Superpowers, & Love :) Check out my website for more news and updates.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, it's a problem. I don't do Twitter, but FB and blogs alone....ug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trees will help provide shading for you home and therefore will help keep your
    satta king home cooler in the hot summer months. It will not require as much air conditioning to keep it at your desired temperature. Since trees lose leaves in the winter, they will still allow the sun to come in and help heat your home during the winter months.
    satta king

    ReplyDelete