Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Reads

Find out what we're reading this week:

Jodi Meadows
I'm reading ROT & RUIN by Jonathan Maberry and really enjoying it. I love the voice, the invisible way he introduces the world, and all of Benny's antics.

Lenore Appelhans
I am reading EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS by AS King. I'm an AS King fangirl, and this novel is only confirming my opinion of her as a writing genius of the highest order.  Lucky's voice feels so authentic, and I love his wry observations.

Jennifer Bosworth
I'm on book three, A Storm of Swords, in George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series. These books have consumed my life. I can barely come up for air. 

Emily Hainsworth
I'm reading THE UNIDENTIFIED by Rae Mariz. It's sort of a dystopian in that the kids go to high school in a converted mall and are basically marketed to in advertisement all day, but there's also a layer of mystery to it. A subversive groups seems to be playing pranks to break the kids out of their consumer loop. I'm less than a third of the way in, but it's a well-paced story and incorporates language that sound futuristic enough to be unique, but not difficult to follow. 

Elizabeth Norris
I'm about to start THE AFFAIR by Lee Child. It's my first foray into the world of Jack Reacher but I've heard good things. And even though this is his newest book it's a prequel so a good place to start.

Debra Driza
I just started on THE NIGHT CIRCUS by Erin Morgenstern. I'm super duper excited because I was in a discussion group with Erin back before she was agented and her book took over the world (*grin*), so I feel like I've been waiting for this one for a LONG TIME. Plus, I've heard nothing but rave reviews so far!
Magic + Romance = Huge Win!

Heather Anastasiu
Fateful by Claudia Gray. I LOVED her Evernight series, and I was hooked immediately by the story idea for this new book: Gray's writing + The Titanic + paranormal elements = Excited Heather!

Jay Kristoff
I'm reading DREADNOUGHT by Cherie Priest. Very cool premise, and Mercy Lynch is a great protagonist. Really enjoying it so far.









What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment