Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Reads!

Find out what we're reading this week:

Elizabeth Norris:









This week I've been reading SPELLBOUND by Kelley Armstrong. I love her Women of the Otherworld series, and this is the latest book. One of the cool things about her series is that the stories are told from different narrators. I was so sure after two books with one narrator, I would hate switching to someone knew, but I love it. The narrator of this one, like the last book, is Savannah, who we've seen grow up over the course of several books, and I absolutely love getting to hear her story.





Emily Hainsworth:
I'm reading THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson. The language is beautiful and it's a sad, refreshing look at unexpected death and the aftermath on a family. I'm really loving the unexpected turns it's taking, how Lennie finds ways of dealing with grief for her sister by looking for love in good places and bad, and how she's discovering herself along the way. It's a sweet, well-paced story.







Jay Kristoff:


I've just started Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. I figure since I wrote a steampunk book, maybe I should read one. :P Really enjoying it so far.







Veronica Rossi:


I'm just starting Brodi Ashton's EVERNEATH. I'm only a few chapters in, but so far it's dark and romantic and ache-ey and gorgeous. That stunning cover really does capture the feel of the book.









Lenore Appelhans:



I'm reading SELF-EDITING FOR FICTION WRITERS by Renni Browne and Dave King. I've browsed through it before, but I'm paying closer attention this time around now that I'm editing seriously.







Kristen Simmons:
I'm reading CRACKED, by fellow 2012 debut author K.M. Walton. Immediately the characters pulled me in. Their stories are heartbreaking, but hopeful too. Tough subjects here - bullying, suicide, abuse - but important ones. The kind that need to be talked about. CRACKED is so, so good.


3 comments:

  1. SECOND Liz's comment! And also SELF EDITING FOR FICTION WRITERS should be read cover-to-cover by anyone trying to get published. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for CRACKED to come out in January of 2012!!! It tackles some tough subject matter but it sounds like a page-turner.

    ReplyDelete