Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Reads!

Another edition of Friday Reads! Find out what we're reading this week:







Susanne Winnacker:
I’m reading DEMONGLASS by Rachel Hawkins. I loved HEX HALL, so I was eagerly waiting for the sequel and it doesn’t disappoint. I love Sophie’s snarkiness and the hot boys Archer and Cal. Swoon.










Jennifer Rush:


I'm reading Julie Cross's TEMPEST coming out in January. Love the time travel elements. I keep turning the pages wondering what year Jackson will jump to and what'll happen when he does. Already halfway through the book and looking forward to reading the conclusion.







Jennifer Bosworth:



I'm reading fellow 2012 deb author Sara Wilson Etienne's HARBINGER. It's dark and oh so mysterious, and ridiculously compelling.










Lenore Appelhans:
I just read the first three pages of PRIZED, Caragh O'Brien's sequel to BIRTHMARKED and I'm already hooked.









Debra Driza:

I just finished A NEED SO BEAUTIFUL by Suzanne Young. WOW. Not only
did this book have a unique spin on the angel theme, but Ms.Young is a
master at creating believable, gut-wrenching tension. It read like a
train speeding out of control. The events yanking the MC away from her
world happened faster and faster and her impending crash was
inevitable, but you kept praying for a miracle anyway. I'm definitely looking forward to the second one!





Kristen Simmons:



I just finished Forever by Maggie Stiefvater - the conclusion of the Shiver/Linger/Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. It was amazing. The love stories in it are so addicting, but it also covers heavier topics - suicide, animal rights, the disillusionment that comes with growing up. I was so engaged in this book, and really impressed by the end of this series.








Jodi Meadows:

I'm reading SUPERNATURALLY by Kiersten White, the sequel to PARANORMALCY. Loving it! Evie is so genuinely human (even though -- you know) I just adore her so much.













Susanne Winnacker is the author of THE OTHER LIFE in which the seeds of first love are sown amongst the death and destruction of a nightmare future. You can find her on her blog.







What are you reading this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment